PRINCETON ALUMNI WEEKLY is published 14 times per year, the most frequently published alumni magazine in the world. Princeton Alumni Weekly is mailed to all 71,000 alumni, faculty and professional staff of Princeton University.
CANCELLATIONS OR CHANGES
Cancellations and changes in orders will not be accepted after the closing date. All covers and special positions are non-cancellable 30 days prior to the closing date. If no new copy is received, the publisher reserves the right to repeat a previous advertisement or, if none exists, to charge for the reserved space.
Acceptable File Formats:
• PDF files (PDF/x-1a preferred)
• Photoshop image-file formats including TIFF, EPS, and JPEG (high quality)
• Other formats may be acceptable but should be approved in advance by advertising director.
Line Screen: 150 pi
• Fonts must be embedded in supplied PDF.
• Do not use menu-styled fonts — this is when a plain, or roman, font is made italic or bold by selecting the italic or bold font-styling in the palette or menu of the application.
• Images must be linked and updated. Embed images for PDF and EPS documents.
• Do not scale images to more than 120% in layout application.
• Effective resolution of CMYK/grayscale/duotone images should be 300 dpi(plus or minus 20%).
• Effective resolution of line-art graphics should be between 600 and 1200 dpi, placed at 100% or smaller.
• Specify four-color process colors (CMYK). Convert RGB colors and spot colors to CMYK. If colors are left to be automatically converted to CMYK by the page-layout application or print house, they will be converted at advertiser’s risk.
• Avoid very heavy black. Colors in the document palette (and in images) should not exceed 300 in total ink coverage (i.e., the sum total of C, M, Y, K values).
• BLEED: Add a minimum of 1/4 in. (.25) bleed on all sides for content that extends to page-trim edge. If turning on crop marks during output to PDF, be sure to offset the crop marks from the page edge a minimum of 1/4”.
• SAFETY: Allow 1/4 in. (.25) clearance on all sides from the page-trim size to all page elements inside the trim area.
• Text: 40 lb. Escananba matte; Cover: 100 lb. Influence matte
PLEASE SEND MATERIALS TO
Princeton Alumni Weekly
194 Nassau Street, Suite 38
Princeton NJ, 08542
Attention: Colleen Finnegan
For information on advertising contact:
Colleen Finnegan, Advertising Director