Students dine in the cafeteria that operated in the basement of East Pyne before completion of Frist Campus Center in 2000. After Firestone Library opened in 1947, Chancellor Green and part of East Pyne became the University’s student center and featured a coffeehouse, game room, and, briefly, a pub. With the construction of Frist, these buildings were renovated and now are part of the Andlinger Center for the Humanities. Archivists did not identify the students or the year the photo was taken, but perhaps PAW readers can.
What Readers Are Saying
Read letters and comments from PAW’s Inbox