Town and gown came together for a Scrap Campaign — the second — to help the war effort in 1942. According to the Dec. 11, 1942, PAW, in which this Princeton Picture Service photo appeared, “a hundred tons or so” of scrap metal was gathered by University employees. Princeton vice president George A. Brakeley 1907, seated at left, presented the donation to the Rev. William L. Tucker, seated at right, chairman of the Princeton Salvage Committee. Other University participants included, from left: Wilfred Goeke, John Stewart, Thomas Davison, Bruno Maddalon, Domenick Proccicino, Robert Stewart, Russell Snedeker, and William Maxwell.
Princeton University Archives