Photos from the sport’s earlier days on campus

PAW Archives

Princeton polo teams date back more than 100 years and have played both outdoors and indoors, as seen here in 1940 in the Armory building.

Daily Princetonian Archives

The 1932 indoor polo team: from left, R.C. Firestone ’33, E.R. Hilts ’32, and A.B. MacDonald ’32.

PAW Archives

In 1928, Princeton opened its new riding hall with a 12-10 victory over Yale.

Daily Princetonian Archives

The 1948 indoor “malletmen”: from left, Steven Smith ’48, Ed Igleheart ’45, and John Welch ’48.

Daily Princetonian Archives

Jerry Horn ’63 stretches for a forehand during the 1960 revival season of Princeton polo.

Video: Polo at Princeton, circa 1928

Courtesy of the Princeton University Archives Audiovisual Collection