He came to Princeton from Boys’ Latin School in Baltimore, where he was active in football and lacrosse. At Princeton he majored in politics, with a thesis on “Politics in Maryland in the Past Decade.” He played lacrosse, was on the 150-pound football team all four years, and was a member of Ivy Club.
He served in the Marines from 1954 to 1960 and in the Reserve until 1970. He earned an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1963.
George was a financial analyst for more than 40 years, initially for Legg Mason in Baltimore and later for 30 years with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in Washington D.C., where he specialized in natural gas pipeline regulation. George commuted daily from his home in northern Baltimore County to Washington, retiring in 2004.
George is survived by his wife of 55 years, Sue; sons George IV and Charles Moore; and five grandchildren, Kendall, George V, Chloe, Chase, and Mason.