Henry was born June 1, 1925, in Parkersburg, W.Va. He spent several years in the Army, earning a Bronze Star and other medals for his participation in the Battle of the Bulge. Released from the Army in January 1946, he came to Princeton and joined the Class of 1949. He majored in politics and graduated with high honors. He joined Prospect Club, serving as president. At graduation he was offered a Woodrow Wilson Fellowship, but he declined it and attended Yale Law School.
Henry had a lengthy career practicing corporate law in Cincinnati, with extensive extracurricular involvement in mental-health and family issues. Upon retirement, he and his second wife, Gloria, moved to Healdsburg, and they were active in the town’s Education Foundation, the Center for the Arts, the Jazz Festival, and the Healdsburg District Hospital, which he helped save from closing. He and Gloria believed they had “landed in paradise” when they moved there, and their love for the community was reciprocated.
Henry is survived by Gloria and his sons, Frederic and Henry III ’80.