Bill Drewry died at his home in Three Arch Bay, South Laguna, Calif., Apr. 20, 1995.
After graduating with us, Bill devoted his entire business life to the photography industry, and especially to the development of color photo-finishing. His first 14 years were spent at Agfa Ansco Corp., with its headquarters in Binghamton, N.Y., where he rose to be assistant general sales manager in charge of merchandising and developing new products. In 1945, he moved with his family to southern California and starred the Drewry Photocolor Corp. in Glendale. He established two laboratories in California and two distribution offices, one in Chicago and one in Dallas. He and his company played a substantial role in the steady and rapid growth of color photography.
Bill also devoted many hours to the Natural History Museum of L.A. as a board member and chairman of its foundation. He was an active member and past president of the Tuna Club of Avalon.
He is survived by his wife of 58 years, Mary Louise Rollins Drewry; son William Wallace III; daughters Theresa, Marian Fay Rockwell, and Mary Margaret Grant; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. To all of them, the class extends its deep sympathy in their bereavement.