Some things change, and some remain the same. Palmer Square retains the vintage look it had when its construction was completed in 1941, although mature trees and other plantings now obscure much of the view facing Nassau Street. The bronze tiger memorial, which was dedicated in 1944 to developer Edgar Palmer 1903, is visible at the center of the grassy island in this undated photo. Holder Hall is partially visible across Nassau Street, and the spires of Holder Memorial Tower peek over all buildings in the foreground. Though businesses have come and gone in the last 75 years, the Silver Shop still is operating in the location it occupied when Palmer Square’s western section opened in 1937.