The students don't know all the facts and don't expect a professor to tell them the truth. What the taxpayers have paid because of illegal immigration is the real crime. What I find most interesting is the all-out blitz by the Democrats, MSM, every faculty member at any university in the country fighting to the death for illegal aliens. Yes, they put a warm and fuzzy name on it, "Dreamers," and no one seem to wonder why. Future voters? Can you imagine the Democrats ever being this interested or motivated in issues involving citizens! There are an estimated 800,000 DACA recipients in the US.
That is 800,000 jobs American citizens don't have or will be in competition for. The MSM and Democrats would have us believe that all 800 thousand are not taking jobs Americans want (we've heard that lie for many years now). This is another falsehood told to the American people. Democrats have actually changed the language. It's not illegal alien, it's "Immigrant" (like the lie they're just "kids"). They're not all picking strawberries; they take great jobs, good enough jobs to buy homes put their kids through college.
Why must the citizens have competition for jobs, education in their own country from foreign nationals? Now Democrats and illegal alien activists admit DACA recipients have great jobs, are buying homes, paying taxes. The GOAL, motivation (Democrats just haven't figured this out yet), is for the American citizens to be employed, sending their kids to college, buying homes and paying taxes. It's not the responsibility of the citizens of this country to support, educate citizens from other countries. Deportation will save jobs and decrease the expense of illegal aliens. There are also an incredible public safety issues.
Some of the costs of illegal immigration.
* The cost of educating illegal aliens children is staggering. From K-12 it costs taxpayers $122,000 for each illegal alien. That is not even counting the free school lunches every day for 13 years.
* Now city, and state officials are appropriating millions of taxpayer dollars for legal fees to to file law suits and in defense of illegal aliens being deported.
* 2012 illegal aliens sent home $62 billion in remittances back to their countries of origin. This is why Mexico is getting involved in our politics.
* 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens. Does not include local jails and State Prisons. At 21,000 per year expense per inmate in Federal Prison.
* $3 million dollars a day is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
* $2.2 billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as SNAP (food stamps),WIC, & free school lunches.